So recently my band decided that we needed an updated logo because the other one was getting a bit tired and lacked real presence. I liked the old one, which I didn't design, but it was a perhaps a little too inconsistent and it was time for a new logo that really stood out and had some individuality.
The new logo was based around typefaces used in Nazi Germany. I liked the idea of creating something bold and iconic which had a kind of dictating feel on you when you viewed it.
I started with sketches and then drafts of layout and spacing and then I took the letter forms into illustrator and began to give the logo it's own characteristics and make it a bit more special and more unique.