Monday, 29 June 2009

very messy illustrator file.




I don't use illustrator too often, although I'm beginning to use it a lot more these days, I can't help but feel that I tend to make a fucking mess of the document!

I'm not really sure how other designers and illustrators use it or whether they feel the same but for me it seems like each file is becoming a massive digital page of a sketchbook. I guess that's probably the point of the software but I'd never thought of it that way before.

I tend to treat my sketchbooks like an extension of my brain which, most of the time is like a Micheal Bay movie, everything just sort of pours out and becomes an explosive mess. An intelligible mess, at least for myself might I add.

I'm not really sure whether I'm making any sense and I'm certainly not the first to ever muse on the subject of sketchbook use but it just spawned out of something I've been working on recently.

Since I am currently jobless and out of Uni for the summer and I'm trying to get involved with any money making scheme. So, when an email came into my inbox about a logo design competition with a possible prize of £100 I was in!

The screen cap at the start of this entry is some of the stuff I've been working on for it. It shows a bit of idea development and working process. I'm not really sure how I feel about the things I've come up with so far and I'm unsure whether it'll even be a contender but it's evolved well from when I started. With less than a week to work on it and think about it I think I've done OK.

I'll post the final design when I'm done, which should be soon because the deadline for entries is tomorrow!

Josh out.

No comments:

Post a Comment