Saturday, 8 January 2011

Website Sneak Peak

I've been working on my 'portfolio' site recently. Well, it's more about having examples of my work all in one place really rather than bits spread across a blog. I'm having fun with it and I'm getting my head around html and css again (first time since first year, oh so long ago!).


Undecided whether to have all the banner stuff at the top or the side. When you scroll down to see the rest of the work the branding and stuff disappears. In a weird way I kind of like having the connection between the images and my Jiraffe logo. We shall see! Thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. if you set the banner to absolute positioning (i think) then it will remain at the top of the screen as the user scrolls. I think that's what you're getting at, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean 'fixed';) But yeah, I tried that and there were a few bugs with it and some of the work does fit in the window because of it (on my screen at least, others it will probably be okay). It is an option though, could just alter the size of the images too. We shall see. Cheers for the comments though, let's make this a regular thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes fixed is good - see examples http://designshack.co.uk/articles/inspiration/20-examples-of-fantastic-fixed-position-navigation

    ReplyDelete