Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Type Scultptures

These are a few ideas for props to be involved in my animation. The idea is to kind of make a book come to life with typography escaping the book and forming objects and scenes to visualise the story that's inside. I wanted to find a spin on the kinds of book art you see regularly where sculptures are made from the pages of the books. I think I've found it with this.

I'm having a lot of fun making these and animating them come to life is going to be tough! I want to capture them growing piece by piece and I'm beginning to think that construction will take place while I'm shooting! I'm looking at other ways to accomplish the same look but it might look too fabricated. I like the fragility of these. Being able to see the joins is part of the charm about them in my opinion.

I did a few short animations to test these things out too which I'll be putting up soon. Cheers!





1 comment: