Friday, 9 September 2011

This is heavy...

This has to be the coolest thing I've seen for ages. I'm in complete awe of the whole campaign and I'm amazed at the amount of buzz it's got. I don't even care that I can't afford a pair of these I just think it's been handled so amazingly that you've just got to look on and acknowledge the sheer awesomeness of the whole thing.

I am a massive Back To The Future fan and Michael J. Fox's performance as Marty McFly has to be one of the main reasons. It's always so heartbreaking to see MJF with his condition yet so heart warming at the same time. You see how positive he is about the situation he's in and how he isn't willing to give up the fight.

The teaming up of Nike and the Michael J. Fox Foundation makes this whole thing so good. It's crazy how we can get so hyped up about material things such as a pair of awesome shoes but it almost isn't about how the shoes look. Human beings go to movies and watch films to imagine they're someone else. They look for someone to aspire to, empathise with, care about, sometimes even hate but the fact is we see ourselves in these characters. For me, it's the attachment to the character of Marty McFly that makes these shoes so special and we owe that to Michael J. Fox.

That man is a real hero and if I could I'd put down ridiculous amounts of money to help him in his cause. He makes these shoes what they are and he deserves so much credit for making these so god damn desirable. It's times like these where you realise the power of film and the way it can speak to and influence the world. For all the people wishing these were dirt cheap and you could own them too I feel your pain but let's put jealously aside and rejoice in the fact that Michael J. Fox is fucking awesome and his foundation deserves every single cent it will receive from the proceeds of these auctions. I'm totally aware that other charities could do with funding, help and awareness too but there's a power behind this that we can't ignore. If only all charities had the backing of such influential brands like Nike.

I'm glad I wrote that. May have to do more social commentary in the future. It's my blog. I'll do what I want! ;)

Having a really fun time creatively right now. Loads of ideas, I just wish I can get to do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment