Sunday, 22 April 2012

Location Scouting

Me with an awesome stick I found at Abbots Wood! One of the 'dens' behind me.


Kat and I went on a location scouting mission for a photo shoot we're doing next week. I won't give too much away but the theme of the shoot requires some interesting woodland!

We went to Nyman's Gardens first (near Crawley ish) which is part of the National Trust. I bagged myself a NT membership whilst we were there and I had a rather good sausage and chutney sandwich. The woods there went on for ages and there were some great locations to shoot but our concern was the distance between everything. Not going to be very practical lugging all our gear around.

Nymans
 
Nymans
Nymans
Cool jagged tree trunk at Nymans

Next, we went to Abbots Wood in Arlington (near Polegate/Eastbourne) which offered something completely different. What we found there were these amazing dens built up by fallen branches which were almost perfect for the shoot we're doing. The plus about this location was that the parts we liked were much more immediate and about 50 metres from the car park!

Abbots Wood
Abbots Wood
Abbots Wood
Abbots Wood
Now we have some decisions to make but it was a good day out and totally worthwhile. It's getting very exciting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment